1. Peel potatoes and cut into thirds or fourths.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add salt and potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender when stuck with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
3. While your potatoes are cooking, slice each of the hot dogs into 4-5 bite-sized pieces and set aside.
4. Once the potatoes are tender, drain out the water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
5. Using a cheese grater, grate the potatoes into large shreds in a large bowl.
6. Once the potatoes are grated, mix in two tablespoons of flour, one cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon of a seasoning of your choosing with the potatoes and stir until completely incorporated.
7. For each hot dog piece, form the potato mixture around it, forming it into the shape of a tater tot. Place tots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the tots for 30 minutes prior to frying.
8. Bring a large saucepan of oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then fry the tots in batches until they are browned and crispy.
9. Remove the tots with a slotted spoon and drain well before setting on a plate lined with paper towel. Salt the tots, and let them cool slightly before serving.
10. Serve tots with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!