Spinach dip is a rich and delicious appetizer we all indulge in at our favorite restaurants, but you might not think about making it a delicious option for a camping snack or meal! And the best part? It’s just as easy as mixing ingredients together and using your campfire to achieve that toasty bake that makes this dip so good! Here’s how to make tasty campfire-made spinach dip!
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 Tsp. garlic Powder OR 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (optional)
- Sliced baguettes, tortilla chips, or dippers of your choice
- Aluminum foil
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients, minus the dippers and foil, together until well combined.
2. Layer two pieces of aluminum foil flat and place your mixture in the middle. Fold the foil up into a packet.
3. Place the packet into your campfire near the hot coals. Do not place it directly over coals to avoid scorching.
4. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the dip is melted, warm, and bubbling.
5. Remove from fire, allow the packet to cool for a minute or two, and then carefully open the packet into a bowl-like shape on a serving platter or large plate. Place your dippers on the plate, and enjoy!
Wasn’t that easy? This simple and tasty recipe will take your camping menu to the next level! You’ll want to make this for every trip! You can even simplify the process by preparing the mix at home before you head out for your trip, and then simply warm it up in the fire when you’re ready! You should probably consider making a double batch because everyone will want some of this incredible dip! Enjoy!