This delicious casserole can be made on your RV stove or over the campfire in a fireproof skillet! Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it's sure to fill your belly and refuel you for your upcoming adventures.
1 Package Smoked Sausage
1 tsp. onion powder
1 lb. red potatoes
3 Tbsp. butter
Salt & Pepper
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1. Slice, peel, and chop the sausage.
2. Add the butter to the skillet and heat until melted and hot.
3. Add the potatoes to the pan and sprinkle them with onion powder, salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the sausage and stir. Recover and cook for another 8 minutes.
6. If you like the potatoes crispy, take the lid off and fry for about 3-5 minutes more to brown them.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and cover, cooking on low until the cheese is melted.
You can serve this as an entree or as a side dish. If you serve it for breakfast, make scrambled eggs to go with it! If it's for lunch or dinner, add a side of baked beans, corn on the cob, Campfire Onions
, or any other veggies that come to mind. You can also add veggies to it as it cooks for more flavor.
Other flavor add-ins for this dish could be paprika, garlic, thyme, or even hot sauce! Experiment until you find the flavors you love!
If you have add-in suggestions, let us know in the comments below!