Overnight oats are such a simple, easy way to prepare delicious breakfast for the next day with very little effort! Just mix up your favorite flavors, pop them in the refrigerator or cooler overnight, and in the morning you’ll have a tasty, nutritious breakfast ready to go! It’s the perfect camping breakfast that will have you energized for the trails and ready to have fun in no time! Here’s the recipe for these easy-to-make PB&J style overnight oats!
What You’ll Need:
1/2 Cup Rolled oats
1/2 Cup Unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
2 Tbsp. Peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
2 Tbsp. Jelly or jam of choice (or fresh fruit optional)
1 Tbsp. Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds (optional)
1 Glass jar or Mason jar
1. Mix almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, and optional chia seeds in your Mason jar. Don’t worry about mixing the peanut butter completely in.
2. Add the oats, and mix thoroughly to ensure that the oats are completely covered in the mixture.
3. Add your jelly, jam, or fruit to the top of the mixture.
4. Cover your Mason jar and place in your refrigerator or cooler overnight.
5. In the morning, remove the lid, stir, and enjoy!
It’s as simple as that! Overnight oats have endless possibilities for tasty, healthy combinations! These easy-to-make PB&J overnight oats are sure to be a hit on your camping trip! It’s easy enough for kids to help with, and is way healthier than bacon, potatoes, and eggs every morning! Give them a try and tell us what you think, or comment with other mouthwatering overnight oat recipes!