These Monster Cookies take the average chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level! Why stop with adding one tasty morsel to your cookies when you can add more! Many more! These Monster Cookies combine the delicious flavor of oatmeal, smooth peanut butter, and chocolate candies for a scrumptious treat that will melt in your mouth.
These cookies are big in your hand and big in flavor! These cookies are designed to be extra large (think oversized!) and extra tasty! This recipe calls for adding M&Ms, but experiment with some of your favorite candy pieces or other ingredients to create a cookie all your own. Your family will love being your taste testers! Now that your mouth is watering, let's get to the details of how to make these yummy cookies!
1 ½ C. peanut butter
1 stick butter/margarine
1 1/8 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ½ C. quick oats
2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 C. M&M’s
1/3 C. chocolate chips
1/3 C. peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt your butter/margarine.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (melted butter/margarine, peanut butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla).
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, baking soda, M&M’s, and chocolate chips).
- If you love chocolate, add extra M&M’s and chocolate chips!
- Slowly stir your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- You’ll want to make sure it is all stirred in well before continuing.
- After all the ingredients are mixed together, spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Measure out the cookie dough by spoonfuls and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Flatten out each cookie so it’s about ½ inch tall and around 3 inches in diameter.
- Don’t place cookies too close to each other as they expand a little in the oven.
- When the oven is ready, pop the cookies in and bake them for 9-10 minutes.
- After baking, allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack, or else they’ll break easily!
- Enjoy your delicious cookies!
These cookies can be made ahead and frozen so you can bring them along on your next camping trip. Or, bring along all the ingredients and make them in your RV on a rainy day. Your kids will love helping to add the ingredients (and eat them too!) and watch them bake in the oven. Make a fun afternoon out of it by setting up a game of Monopoly or Dominoes to play while enjoying your cookies right out of the oven. Pour some milk and set out a plate of these Monster Cookies and your rainy day just went from drab to fab!
Have you made Monster Cookies with other ingredients, like maybe Reese's Pieces, white chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chunks? Let us know how you like your Monster Cookies! We'd love to read your comments below!