Dessert is a great way to end a delicious meal! But when you're camping, it's easy to just resort to the traditional s'more as dessert. On your next camping trip, try something new for dessert! These Mason jar strawberry cheesecakes are easy to make ahead of time, easy to eat, and will be loved by everyone! Grab a spoon, a seat around the campfire, and dig in to this creamy, dreamy dessert!
First let’s start with the crust so that it has time to sit and harden a little before we pour in the delicious cheesecake mixture.
- 1 ½ C. graham cracker crumbs (you could even try chocolate graham crackers)
- ½ C. melted butter
- ¼ C. sugar
- To turn the graham crackers into crumbs, use a food processor or a rolling pin. For the rolling pin method, place the crackers in a plastic bag, squeeze out the air, and close it tightly. Use the rolling pin to crush them up!
- Mix the crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Divide into 4 portions and press each into the bottom of a Mason jar.
- Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Now for the best part! This filling is so good you may find yourself eating it with a spoon …. we mean, sampling it for quality before serving it to family and friends.
- Soften the cream cheese.
- Beat together the cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Split into 4 portions and add to each Mason jar.
- Top with strawberries.
- Put the lid on the jar and refrigerate until you want to eat it (if you can bare to wait!)
Enjoy this delicious dessert with your friends or family while gathered around the campfire. It’s sure to add smiles to every face around!